“Whodunit!” Unraveling the Mystery of Social Relation Skills for the Student/child with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Practical Uses of Technology for Assessment and Intervention
October 5, 2015
Susan Stokes, M.A., CCC-SLP, Educational Autism Consultant
Are you struggling with understanding the mystery that surrounds this nebulous term “social relation skills deficit”? If so, then this full-day workshop is for you! As we explore this puzzling concept, we will discover numerous “clues” to unraveling the mystery regarding social relation differences in the student/child with ASD. These “clues” are critical components to developing appropriate intervention and programming for social relation skills. As we work through this mystery, we will discover the “keys” for understanding social relation differences; assessment of social relation skills; developing an individualized social relations skills program / curriculum; and the use of numerous intervention tips and strategies utilizing various modes of technology for social relation skills instruction. Come and learn practical strategies for use in your practice, school or home that will empower your student or child to succeed!
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify key components for social relation skills program development
- Define resources for assessment of social relation skills
- Describe intervention strategies and curriculums for teaching social relation skills, using various modes of technology
Susan has specialized in the area of autism spectrum disorder as both a speech/language pathologist and autism consultant for 30 years. She has presented at many state and national workshops/conferences, and frequently provides trainings and student support related to all aspects of ASD to various groups and school districts across the country, Canada and Mexico. Susan is the author of Autism: Interventions and Strategies for Success, a Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction publication available at www.cesa7.k12.wi.us/sped/autism/index2.htm.
- $125 (Early Bird Rate Until September 4, 2015)
- $145 (Regular Rate After September 4, 2015)
Register by credit card, check or purchase order
Embassy Suites Hotel, 4914 Constitution Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 225-924-6566
A courtesy block of rooms is available until 9/13/15 for $129 plus tax.
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Check-in
- 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Speaker
- 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM Break
- 9:45 AM - 11:15 AM Speaker
- 11:15 AM - 12:30 PM Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM Speaker
- 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM Break
- 2:15 PM - 3:45 PM Speaker